Adelphian Academy (Holly, Michigan, US)

Instituted as a boarding school on the senior high school level, it was a member of the Association of SDA Institutions of Higher Education and Secondary Schools, and was accredited with the University of Michigan. The enrollment in the years before it was closed averaged 250, with a faculty and staff numbering 24. A mill producing garden trellises and outdoor furniture provided student labor. The campus and farm covered 325 acres (132 hectares). In September 1904 the president and superintendent of education of the East Michigan Conference, E. K. Slade and J. G. Lamson, respectively, were authorized to look for a suitable location for an academy. Their search led to the purchase of a 77-acre (31-hectare) farm near Holly, situated almost halfway between Flint and Pontiac and about 50 miles...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
820 Academy Road
Holly, MI
United States