Anderson School (ZW)

A multiracial and coeducational boarding school offering full primary and four years of secondary work, situated 10 miles (16 kilometers) from Gweru, Zimbabwe, and operated by the Zambesi Union. By 1993 the enrollment had reached 111 students in the secondary school and 93 in the primary school. There was a staff of 11 teachers in the secondary school and four in the primary. The school was opened by J. R. Burns in 1950 on a farm called Christmas Gift, near the conference headquarters in Gweru. It was then called Rhobecon Preparatory School, Rhobecon being a contraction of Rhodesia-Bechuanaland Conference, the name of the conference at that time. In 1952 the school was moved to its present 20-acre (eight-hectare) site at Thorngrove Farm on the Umvuma Road, which during World War II had bee...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Zimbabwe