Aore Adventist High School (Aore, VU)

A coeducational boarding school situated at Aore, Vanuatu. The 1993 enrollment was 252. The school opened on Oct. 27, 1927, as the Aore training School, a training institution for national teachers and missionaries, with 25 students. After the land was cleared, indigenous-style houses were built for the students. In 1928 J. C. Radley arrived as engineer, builder, and sawmiller, and instructed the students in these lines of work. About 1950 the institution became known as the Parker Missionary School, in honor of C. H. Parker, the pioneer Seventh-day Adventist missionary to the New Hebrides. During the visit in 1955 of Sir Christopher Cox (the adviser on education in the colonies to the British government), warm commendation was given to the mission for the high standard of the school. Unti...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Aore
Vanuatu