Ardmore Sanitarium and Hospital (Ardmore, Oklahoma, US)

A general hospital of 104-bed capacity owned and operated by the Oklahoma Conference at Ardmore, Oklahoma, from May 1959 to April 1992. In 1947 Drs. J. B. McConnell, A. W. Truman, Floyd Bates, and Ethel Walker secured the old Von Keller Hospital and incorporated the Ardmore Sanitarium and Hospital as a nonprofit, self-supporting institution. Although privately owned, the hospital maintained close connections with the church organization. In 1949 the Southwestern Union Conference president and the Oklahoma Conference president were invited to participate in the board meetings, and this participation continued until an arrangement was made in 1957 for the ownership of the hospital to be assumed by the Oklahoma Conference, under the leadership of W. A. Dessain, president. A new $400,000 hospi...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
1023-12th Street N.W.
Ardmore, OK
United States