Battle Creek Sanitarium (Battle Creek, Michigan, US) | Ellen G. White Estate

Battle Creek Sanitarium (Battle Creek, Michigan, US)

A pioneer Seventh-day Adventist medical institution at Battle Creek, Michigan, in which SDA concepts of health and healing were given their first public demonstration. It was owned, controlled, and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church from 1866 to 1908 (when control of the institution was taken over by its medical director, J. H. Kellogg); from 1957 to 1974 it was operated as an SDA self-supporting institution; and from 1974 to 1993 it was fully owned and operated by the church. In 1959 its name was changed to Battle Creek Health Center, and in 1966 its name was again changed to the Battle Creek Sanitarium Hospital. The name was changed once again on Dec. 10, 1981, to Battle Creek Adventist Hospital. History of the Sanitarium. The Sanitarium Founded in 1866 . The need for a health ...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Battle Creek, MI
United States