Cagayan Valley Sanitarium and Hospital (Santiago, Isabel, PH)

A 100-bed general hospital operated by the North Philippine Union at Santiago, Isabela, in the mountains of the northeastern part of Luzon, Philippines. The institution opened on Mar. 16, 1959, in the former Northeast Luzon Mission office building, with equipment and supplies donated by the Loma Linda medical alumni and former American missionaries to the Philippines Dr. B. P. Ingersoll, of Tomah, Wisconsin, and Dr. A. C. Atwood, of Modesto, California. The original hospital staff consisted of C. A. Fernando, medical director and business manager; Leonardo Rolle, intern; Mrs. A. P. Fernando, head nurse; and Miss E. A. Pasamonte, dietitian. Later another physician, Gideon G. Pilar, joined the staff. A full complement of hospital personnel was soon recruited. The hospital serves the entire C...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Santiago
Isabel
Philippines