Cariboo Adventist Academy (British CO)

A grade K-12 school operated by the Williams Lake and Cariboo Central churches, which have a combined membership of 370. It is located on a 6.5-acre (2.6-hectare) site on South Lakeside Road, two miles (three kilometers) from the city of Williams Lake, in British Columbia. The academy is accredited both denominationally and provincially. Secondary enrollment in 1993 was 63, with a staff of 16. The school had its beginnings in the logging camps of the D. Basabara and the Jacobson brothers in the 1950s. When they moved their logging companies into the city of Williams Lake, the school opened there in 1959. As the enrollment grew and the program developed, the school became inadequate in physical plant and location. In January 1971 the new school was opened on the present site. By 1973 a fift...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address