Cedar Lake Academy (Cedar Lake, Michigan, US)

A coeducational boarding school on the senior high school level that was operated by the Michigan Conference on a 268-acre (110-hectare) campus at Cedar Lake, Montcalm County, Michigan. It is believed to have been the oldest Seventh-day Adventist boarding academy operating continuously in the same locality. The school was established Dec. 29, 1898, with the purchase of a two-story public school building on a two-acre (.8-hectare) lot, and was opened as a 10-grade academy Jan. 16, 1899, with three teachers, Justus Grant Lamson, his wife, and H. W. Johnson, and with approximately 30 students in attendance. During the first term, begun with the one building and makeshift rented quarters, two buildings were bought and moved up from the village. One of these was used as a barn and the other, a ...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Cedar Lake, MI 48812
United States