Central Texas Medical Center (San Marcos, Texas, US)

A 109-bed hospital at San Marcos, Texas. Moved to its current location in 1983, the original hospital was built in 1960 by the commissioners court of Hays County and operated under a lease by the Texas Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. The contract was signed in December 1959 by county judge C. M. Decker, on behalf of Hays County officials, and by B. E. Leach, conference president. The hospital is a result of the reputation established by the Adventist-operated Menard Hospital and Retirement Home in Menard, Texas. The original hospital location opened on Sunday, Mar.6, 1960, and the first patients were admitted the next day. It provided 40 beds, a laboratory, an X-ray facility, two operating rooms, and a delivery room. In July of 1964 the facility changed its name to Hays Memorial Hosp...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
San Marcos, TX
United States