Chicago Sanitarium (Chicago, Illinois, US)

A medical institution in Chicago, Illinois, established in 1893 and listed in the Yearbook until 1905. It was conducted as a branch of the Battle Creek Sanitarium in a building formerly occupied by the Chicago Mission and Bible School (otherwise called Central Bible School) at 28 College Place (apparently later renamed Thirty-third Place). For many years the sanitarium served as a center for various medical missionary activities in the Chicago area. The purchase of the property, held by the American Medical Missionary College, was made possible through a gift of $40,000 by Henry S. P. and Francis H. Wessels, of South Africa, who wanted to see Seventh-day Adventist medical missionary work established in Chicago. Drs. E. H. Mathewson and H. E. Brighouse were in charge in 1896; later David Pa...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Chicago, IL
United States