Chicago Seventh-Day Adventist Academy (Chicago, Illinois, US)

A nonboarding educational institution formerly known as Shiloh Academy. It was started in 1913 at the corner of 48th and D avenues. In 1925 a new church and school was built at 46th and St. Lawrence. High school grades 9-12 were introduced in 1933. In 1942 the institution moved to 39th and Lake Park, and in 1952 the school moved to its present location at 7008 South Michigan Avenue. Chicago Seventh-day Adventist Academy is recognized by the state of Illinois and accredited with the Board of Regents of Seventh-day Adventists and the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Principals: Ivan Van Lange, 1971-1987; Carolyn Palmer, 1987-1992; Judith Fisher, 1992-199³4; Benjamin Furman, 1994- .

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Chicago, IL
United States