Cruzeiro Do Sul Adventist Academy / Instituto Adventista Cruzeiro do Sul (Rio Grande do Sul)

A coeducational boarding and day school on the senior high school level, owned by the Rio Grande do Sul Conference and operated by a board representing that conference. It is situated on a 180-acre (75-hectare) tract of rich pasture land two miles (three kilometers) from the town of Taquara, state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. The plant consists of 22 buildings, including a large church auditorium, a school edifice, two dormitories, homes for teachers, a carpenter shop, a store, and a dairy. The property originally belonged to Ernesto Bergold, who maintained a small clinic there, offering simple, natural treatments. In 1928 A. C. Harder obtained this property for the purpose of opening a school to be named Colegio Cruzeiro do Sul. Harder, investing his own money as well as his wife’s inh...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address