Dominican Adventist Academy / Colegio Adventista Dominicana (Herrera, DO)

A primary through college-level school founded in 1947 in the capital of the republic and later moved to Herrera, 12 miles (19 kilometers) from Santo Domingo. Its limited facilities served as classrooms, offices, and dormitories. By 1962 a total of 207 students were in attendance and in 1975 the school was moved to Bonao, where it still operates. Under the leadership of Jose Hernandez the school was expanded to offer college-level courses. Until recently the college-level director served also as the principal for both primary and high school levels. In 1992 the academy level had a faculty of 10 and 116 high school students. Principals: Donovan Olson, 1946-1947; Robert Maxson, 1947-1949; Charles Pierce, 1949-1950; L. A. Wheeler, 1950-1956; D. J. Thomann, 1956-1958; L. F. Moore, 1958-1963; T...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Herrera
Dominican Republic