East Visayan Academy (Bulacao) (Bulacao, Talisay, PH)

A coeducational boarding school on the senior high school level, operated by the Central Visayan Mission at Bulacao, Talisay, Cebu, Philippines. In 1974 the secondary enrollment was 245 and the staff numbered 11. The students are mostly Seventh-day Adventists. The school opened June 23, 1931, on F. Ramos Street, Cebu City, with Mrs. W. Riffel and Silvestre Ygay as teachers, and with six students enrolled in the first year of high school. Classwork was not recognized by the government. The next year (1932-1933) the school operated in the Cebu City SDA chapel, with 47 pupils in the elementary grades and seven in the first and second years of high school. However, for the next three years it was only an elementary school. In 1936 the Philippine Union Mission authorized operation as a governme...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Bulacao
Talisay
Philippines