H. W. Mille Sanitarium and Hospital (Cebu City, PH)

A 60-bed general hospital, operated by the Central Philippine Union Mission and located in Cebu City, a large city in the Philippines. It began as the Miller Clinic, opened in 1953 by Dr. R. T. Santos, in a mission-owned home situated behind the present institution. In 1955 a building with a 20-bed capacity was erected, which was formally opened as the Miller Sanitarium and Hospital on Apr. 8, 1956. Dr. H. W. Miller, for whom the hospital was named, was present at the opening. Because of Dr. Miller’s popularity as a surgeon, 27 major surgeries were performed during the first five days, thus exceeding the bed capacity. Dr. Francisco T. Geslani was the first medical director and Antipolo D. Lazaro the first business manager. The first medical staff consisted of the medical director and fou...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Cebu City
Philippines