Hobart Adventist School (Hobart, Tasmania, AU)

(formerly Moonah Seventh-day Adventist School). A coeducational day school on the primary and secondary level, situated on Cheviot Road, West Moonah, a suburb of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. It is owned and operated by the Tasmanian Conference and is administered by a school board composed of members of supporting metropolitan churches and conference administration. In 1959 the state’s Education Department granted the school full secondary registration for courses of study leading to the Tasmanian Certificate of Education in academic and practical subjects. The enrollment in 1993 was 115; there were six full-time teachers and two part-time instructors. The school was relocated to its present site in 1983, replacing one that had operated on Fleet Street, Moonah, since 1933, and prior to t...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Cheviot Road
Hobart TAS
Australia