Jeløy Bad Og Diettkursted / Jeløy Clinic (Jeløy, NO)

A former institution opened in 1938 by Skodsborg graduate physiotherapists Einar and Ellen Fahlberg, who operated it until the Seventh-day Adventist Church took over on Jan. 1, 1971. The bed capacity was then 34. This was increased to 68. The institution accepted patients who were in need of hydrotherapy and physiotherapy. Even though most of the clients were not Seventh-day Adventists, the institution, with its vegetarian food, was a popular place for rehabilitation. Two physicians, one with a specialty in rheumatology, were connected with the various departments. Jeløy is an island in the Oslo Fjord, and it is part of the town of Moss, located about 40 miles (65 kilometers) south of Oslo. The institution was located in a park of approximately two acres (one hectare). A nature park with ...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Jeløy
Norway