Kingsway High School (Kingston 10, JM)

A coeducational day school on the senior high school level, operated by the East Jamaica Conference at 10-12 Osbourne Road, Kingston 10, Jamaica, West Indies. It was established in 1943 under the direction of W. F. Atkin, then president of the Jamaica Conference. The first principal was Vernon E. Berry, who was on loan from the Antillian Union, where he served as educational secretary. The school has an enrollment of 540 and a teaching staff of 23. The course of instruction is approved by the Jamaican government. The school was known as New Hope College until 1946, when its present name was adopted. Construction of a new school building was begun in 1954 and completed in 1957. The need for more classroom space led to the acquisition of neighboring property in 1961. In 1974 a new building t...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
10-12 Osbourne Road
Kingston 10
Jamaica