Lower Gwero Adventist Secondary School / A coeducational boarding school operated by the Zambesi Union. It is situated 22 miles (35 kilometers) from the town of Gweru, ZW. In 1993 it had an enrollment of 665 in the primary course, including a number (ZW)

(formerly Lower Gwelo College) A coeducational boarding school operated by the Zambesi Union. It is situated 22 miles (35 kilometers) from the town of Gweru, Zimbabwe. In 1993 it had an enrollment of 665 in the primary course, including a number of blind boys and girls; 594 in the secondary school; and 44 in the Teacher Training Department. History. The forerunner of the college was an elementary school at Somabula Mission Station. The site for the mission was chosen by F. B. Armitage, who in 1901, with his family and a group of African teachers headed by Harry Sibagobe, left Solusi Mission to open up a new mission east of Bulawayo. Because the site was within the African reserve, the land had to be leased, and could not be bought. A school was opened in 1902, and in 1904 eight students we...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Zimbabwe