Lunjika Secondary School (MW)

A coeducational boarding school offering the complete secondary course. It is situated on a 184-acre (75-hectare) tract below the Viphya Plateau. Owned and operated by the South-East Africa Union, it serves the constituency of Malawi. English is the medium of instruction. In 1993 the primary school had 300 students enrolled and a staff of eight teachers. The secondary school had 288 students, nine teachers, and 11 on the nonteaching staff. The school developed from a village school begun by a Malawian national, James Malinki, in 1932. In 1962 a junior secondary school was started, and in 1966 a two-year ministerial training school. The ministers are now trained at Lake View Seminary in central Malawi. At first known as Mombera, it was renamed Lunjika Secondary School in 1976, after the maj...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Malawi