Madison Institutions (Madison, Tennessee, US)

A group of institutions situated at Madison, Tennessee, 10 miles (16 kilometers) northeast of Nashville, owned and operated from 1904 to 1963 by the Nashville Agricultural Normal Institute Corporation independently as a self-supporting institution, but closely allied to the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Included were a school (grades 1-16), a sanitarium-hospital, a food factory, and a farm of more than 800 acres (320 hectares). Ownership of the college and hospital was transferred to the Seventh-day Adventist denomination in April 1963. In 1964 Madison College was closed, and Madison Hospital became a Southern Union institution. Madison Academy continues to operate under the ownership of the Kentucky-Tennessee Conference. Madison Foods was turned over to the Southern Union Association in 1...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Madison, TN
United States