Madison Sanitarium (US) (Madison, US, US)

A medical institution operated from 1903 to 1922 at Madison, Wisconsin, by the Wisconsin Conference. The original building, a four-story frame structure erected on a five-acre (two-hectare) site with a 200-foot (60-meter) frontage on Lake Manona, was dedicated June 7, 1903. There were 50 employees. By 1907 there were four buildings on nine acres (four hectares) of land and a reported capacity of 60 patients. Although the sanitarium enjoyed a good patronage, it was plagued by debt for many years. To help liquidate the outstanding obligations, church members in Wisconsin sold thousands of copies of Ellen White’s Ministry of Healing . Pledges and subscriptions were sought as well. In 1922 the institution was sold to Drs. R. S. and Olive Ingersoll, who, in 1929, sold it to Drs. C. P. and Ann...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Madison,
United States