Maison De Retraite / Le Foyer Du Romarin (Clapiers, Montpellier, FR)

An old people’s home inaugurated Feb. 25, 1974, in Clapiers, Montpellier, France. It replaces the former institution at Pignan, which opened in 1950. Built on a property that measures 23,000 square meters (247,500 square feet), on the side of a pine-covered hill, the building includes every modern convenience for the comfort of its residents: 80 attractive rooms, spacious living rooms, and a beautiful chapel with seating capacity for 120. The North and South French conferences and the Franco-Belgian Union shared in financing 20 percent of the total cost, which came to about 4 million French francs. The other 80 percent was covered by state subsidies and loans, as well as by the sale of the old building at Pignan. The home is managed by a board of directors. Because social security is nat...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Clapiers
France