Malamulo Publishing House (Makwasa, MW)

A publishing house with printing facilities located in Makwasa, Malawi, Africa. Printing was begun on a small handpress in 1926. The Malamulo Press (the former name) printed mainly for Malamulo. In 1930 the work was updated. The Sentinel Publishing Association assisted with capital grants, which made possible the erection of a larger building in 1934. The press then undertook commercial as well as denominational printing. In 1965 the name was changed from Malamulo Press to Malamulo Publishing House. A limited range of photographic and process equipment enables the house to produce its own litho printing plates. Sabbath school lessons are printed in the Tonga and Chichewa languages; Voice of Prophecy lessons in Chichewa, Tumbuka, Swahili, and French. A number of vernacular books have been p...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Makwasa
Malawi