Maria Trinidad Sanchez Secondary School / Colegio Adventista Maria Trinidad Sanchez (La Romana, DO)

A primary and secondary school located in La Romana, Dominican Republic. It is owned by the East Dominican Mission. This Seventh-day Adventist school opened its doors to the La Romana community for the first time in 1953, with an enrollment of seven students whose first teacher was Professor Luisa Monte de Oca, supervised by the local church board. In its beginnings the school was called Colegio Adventista Ranfi. Classes were taught in the church building. Four years later two small classrooms were constructed on the church grounds. In 1962 the name was changed to Colegio Adventista Maria Trinidad Sanchez. Toward the end of the 1960s the church bought a house adjacent to the school, where it started an intermediate school, remaining there for a period of seven years. In the early 1970s the...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
La Romana
Dominican Republic