Maritime Academy (CA)

A school operated from 1903 to 1932 by the Maritime Conference in Canada. It was opened in 1903 by George McCready Price as the Farmington Industrial Academy on a 250-acre (100-hectare) tract donated for a school by Daniel Dimock. Because the land was too rocky and hilly to make the school farm a success, the school was moved after two years to a 200-acre (80-hectare) farm at Williamsdale, Nova Scotia, and renamed Williamsdale Academy. When this site proved unsatisfactory, in 1919 the academy was moved to Memramcook, New Brunswick, and was called the Maritime Academy. It operated at Memramcook until it was closed in 1932 because of the economic depression. Principals: George McCready Price, 1903-1904; Gertrude Williams Worden, 1904-1905; E. E. Gardner, 1905-1909; J. L. Stansbury, 1909-1912...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Canada