Maxwell Adventist Academy (Nairobi, KE)

A school for the children of missionaries offering a secondary education, operated in Nairobi, Kenya. The school was started in 1949, and in 1986 it was moved out of Nairobi 15 miles (23 kilometers). Eugene Witzel was principal and builder from 1985 until August 1987, when Wes Peterson came as principal in order to lighten the workload of Mr. Witzel. After 18 months Mr. Peterson returned to the United States because of health reasons, and Timothy Graham was appointed principal. From 1986 to 1992 the school grew from 55 students to 115. The campus has been improving each year as new stone buildings appear. The American form of education is offered, and in July of 1990 the school was accredited. The graduates have done very well in schools of higher learning. Principals: Romon Kintz, 1978-19...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Nairobi
Kenya