Mindanao Mission Academy (PH)

A coeducational boarding academy on the senior high school level, operated by the Northern Mindanao Conference on a 49.5-acre (20-hectare) tract west of Cagayan de Oro on the north of Mindanao Island, Philippines. The students, all nationals, are nearly all from Seventh-day Adventist homes. The school is a full-fledged member of the Far Eastern Association of Seventh-day Adventist Colleges and Secondary Schools, and since July 1, 1949, has been fully recognized by the Department of Education of the Republic of the Philippines. For its first two years it operated under government permit. On July 1, 1946, the Mindanao Mission opened an elementary school, called the Mindanao Central School, at Cagayan de Oro. Because of the large enrollment, mission officials voted on May 25, 1947, to establi...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Philippines