Mount Vernon Academy (Mount Vernon, Ohio, US)

A coeducational boarding school on the senior high school level, situated on a 300-acre (122-hectare) tract of land one mile (1.6 kilometers) northeast of the city limits of Mount Vernon, Ohio, on State Highway 3, organized primarily to serve the constituents of the Ohio and West Virginia conferences. Students of other religious persuasions are welcome provided they show due respect for the Word of God and are willing to observe the regulations of the school. In 1993 the academy had a staff of 26 and an enrollment of 122. Mount Vernon Academy opened its doors in 1893 to 32 students and a staff of six teachers, with Prof. William T. Bland as principal. However, by the end of the first school year this small enrollment of students had grown to about 100. The school opened in buildings previo...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Box 311
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
United States