National True Foods (PTY) Limited (ZA)

A health food company situated a few miles south of Johannesburg, formerly owned and operated by the South African Union Conference. The company had been founded by L. H. Clack, in 1950, as a private enterprise. The first five years were spent in experimentation with various food products, in the erection of the factory, and in the securing of the necessary machinery. Then in 1956 Clack contributed his majority interest in the company to the South African Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, but continued as general manager. By 1961 the company had begun to operate with a profit, and its products were being sold throughout southern and eastern Africa. The quadrennial period ending in 1962 showed a production and sales turnover of almost 1 million units of health food. During the nex...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
South Africa