Nebraska Sanitarium (Hastings, Nebraska) (Hastings, Nebraska, US)

A former medical institution established in 1908 at Hastings, by the Nebraska Sanitarium at Lincoln and given the same name as the mother institution. It was situated in the northeast part of the city, adjoining, by good fortune, a municipally owned landscaped tract of 45 acres (18 hectares) with a golf course and a lake. The white brick structure, with every convenience and a modern operating room, was opened to the public on Dec. 10, 1908. From the beginning the institution had excellent patronage, which grew to the point where in 1913 the matron and other employees had to move out to increase the patient capacity. A nurse’s training school enrolled an average of about 20 young people, who lived in a dormitory about a block away. The institution was self-sufficient financially in spite...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Hastings, NE
United States