Oakwood Academy (Alabama, US)

A coeducational school for grades K-12 located near Huntsville, Alabama. It began operation as a school separate from Oakwood College in the fall of 1945. The first academy faculty members were R. L. Reynolds, Louise Davis, Edna Lett, Margaret Johnson, and Gladys Fletcher. A $196,000 academy building was occupied Apr. 1, 1974. Grades 7-12 have classes in the J. T. Stafford Building. In 1974 grades 9-12 were moved from the college’s facilities to their present location in the J. T. Stafford Building. Although the academy was moved from the college’s facilities to its own building, Oakwood College still assumed total financial and operational responsibility for the academy program. In 1981, because of the financial strain, the college relinquished this responsibility to Huntsville Area S...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
AL
United States