Ranchi Hospital (Ranchi, IN)

An 85-bed general hospital operated by the Northern Union of the Southern Asia Division at the town of Ranchi, southwestern Bihar state, about 200 miles (320 kilometers) east-southeast of Calcutta, India. The hospital was opened in 1949 by Dr. R. V. Shearer, with two untrained national helpers, in the remodeled office buildings of the Northeast Union. By the end of four years the bed capacity had reached 31, the staff had increased to 20, and the hospital had begun operating on a sound financial basis and had become known throughout the Chota Nagpur area. In the succeeding years bed capacity was increased by turning the larger rooms of the buildings into wards and by bricking in the verandas. A new block of six deluxe private rooms, completed and occupied in 1957, brought the bed capacity ...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Ranchi
India