Rebok Memorial Library

A computerized reference library serving the General Conference World Headquarters. Opened in 1983, its primary purpose is to be a resource and information center for staff and a cultural and educational center for researchers. It is situated behind the atrium on the first floor of the General Conference building. Funds for refurbishing the library in the new building were from the estate of Denton E. and Marie Opsahl Rebok, and the library was named in honor of the Reboks. History. As early as October 1870 James White asked for a good library for the benefit of those who write and speak upon the prophecies and the Sabbath, and requested that 200 interested persons donate $10 each. Again in 1889 O. A. Olsen asked for books, pamphlets, tracts, papers, and journals, as well as donations, for...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address