São Paulo Adventist Academy / Instituto Adventista SãoPaulo (Hortolândia, São Paulo, BR)

A coeducational boarding and day school on the high school level, situated on 345 acres (140 hectares) of fertile land near the Jacuba railroad station in the town of Hortolândia, 11 miles (18 kilometers) from Campinas, second-largest city of the state of São Paulo, Brazil. Land for the academy was bought by the São Paulo Conference in 1947. Construction began in 1948 under the direction of Waldemar Ehlers, the school’s first director. Classes began in 1949, and the educational program received government approval in 1950. In 1993 there were 550 secondary and 580 elementary students with 50 teachers. Directors: Waldemar Ehlers, 1949-1950; Arthur Dassow, 1951; Osvaldo Rodrigues Azevedo, 1951-1957; Mario Roque, 1958-1966; Arthur Dassow, 1967-1971; Tércio Sarli, 1972-1980; Jose Iran Mig...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Hortolândia -
Brazil