São Paulo Adventist Hospital / Hospital Adventista de São Paulo (São Paulo, São Paulo, BR)

A medical institution with general clinical and surgical services, owned and operated by the São Paulo Conference. The hospital, with 53 beds, is situated near the center of São Paulo, capital of the state of São Paulo. The forerunner of the hospital was the Boa Vista Clinic, established in 1939 in São Paulo by Antonio A. Miranda, M.D. A year or two earlier E. H. Wilcox, president of the South Brazil Union Conference, had asked him to lay plans for Seventh-day Adventist medical work in Brazil. Miranda became the clinic’s first medical director; Bertha Lipke assisted him as nurse and physical therapist. In 1942 this clinic was closed in order to strengthen the project for a hospital. After a vigorous fund-raising campaign, launched by Germano Ritter, president of the São Paulo Confer...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
São Paulo -
Brazil