San Fernando Valley Academy (California, US)

A coeducational K-12 day school operated by the Southern California Conference. The school primarily serves the constituency of the San Fernando Valley. Established in 1902 as a training school, it was operated through 1923 as Fernando Academy, then San Fernando Academy ( see San Fernando Academy ). It later was reestablished and took its present name in 1960 with E. J. Anderson as principal. In 1993 there was a staff of 20 serving 119 elementary pupils, 47 junior high students and 82 senior high students. Principals: D. K. Griffith, 1963-1966; L. H. Taylor, 1966-1970; R. Mead, 1970-1972; P. K. Harris, 1972-1981; S. McKeone, 1981-1985; R. Evans, 1985-1988; C. Dart, Jr., 1988-1991; R. Dasher, 1991- .

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
CA
United States