Seventh-Day Adventist Hospital (Ile-Ife) (Osun, NG)

A medical institution operated by the West African Union Mission in the Osun state of Nigeria. The hospital has a capacity of 158 beds and a laboratory and X-ray facilities. It operated a school of midwifery until 1969 and conducted a school of nursing accredited by the Nursing Council of Nigeria in 1949. The institution was built on a 40-acre (16-hectare) jungle site leased to the mission for a shilling a year by the Oni of Ife (religious leader of 10 million Yorubas), who, in 1960, became the first national governor to be instated in Nigeria. Nine buildings, all of mud-brick construction, were erected: two wards having a total of 42 beds, an administration building, a laundry unit, one doctor’s house, and a duplex for two European nurses. W. G. Till, director of the Northwestern Nigeri...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Osun
Nigeria