Southeast Asia Union College / Southeast Asia Adventist Seminary (SG)

An educational institution that began as a small church school on Dhoby Ghaut Road in Singapore in 1905. In 1907 it was relocated to a site off of Thompson Road and became known as the Eastern Training School. The Eastern Training School became the Singapore Training School in 1915 and was moved to its present location at 273 Upper Serangoon Road, Singapore, in 1920. The first permanent buildings were completed by 1921 and are still used as classrooms and dormitories. During the past 80 years of its history, the school name was changed several times. Known as the Malaysian Union Seminary in 1923, it became the Malayan Seminary of Seventh-day Adventists in 1929, the Malayan Union Seminary in 1948, Southeast Asia Union College in 1958, and Southeast Asia Union College/Southeast Asia Adventis...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Dhoby Ghaut Road
Singapore