St. John´s Seventh-Day Adventist Academy (Newfoundland) (St. John´s, CA)

A coeducational day school on the senior high school level, situated in the city of St. John’s, Newfoundland. The school began in 1905 as a church school in the home of Mrs. Anna Pippy, the first Seventh-day Adventist convert in Newfoundland. Originally it was an ungraded school taught by its first teacher, Elizabeth Milley. Shortly afterward it was transferred to the basement of the Cookstown Road church, and in 1923 moved to its present location on Freshwater Road. The school was altered and enlarged in 1931, 1938, 1944, and 1971. In 1931, under John Combden, it became an academy, which in Newfoundland constituted 11 grades only. In that same year the Newfoundland Academy came under government supervision and adopted the provincial courses of study. Despite this governmental supervisio...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
St. John´s,
Canada