Stanboroughs Nursing and Maternity Home (Watford, Hertfordshire, GB)

A 79-bed institution (formerly the Stanborough Park Sanitarium) operated at Watford, Hertfordshire, England, by the British Union Conference from 1912 to 1968. The medical work in the British Union dates from 1903, when the Good Health Association, Ltd., was organized. Two sanitariums were operated, one in Caterham and the other in Leicester, and there were some smaller units. The Stanborough Park Sanitarium was opened in May 1912, with Dr. C. H. Hayton, of the United States, as medical director, and with Mrs. Myers from Australia as matron. The first graduating class of nurses was composed of three women and two men. The nurses did all the work of the sanitarium, including the care of bedrooms, kitchen, and all the public rooms. The nurses bought their own uniforms, paid £3 entrance fee,...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Watford
Hertfordshire
United Kingdom