Sydney Sanitarium and Hospital

The Sydney Sanitarium opened in Wahroonga, Sydney on 1 January 1903 with a bed capacity of 70. The original building was designed by the American, Dr. Merritt Kellogg, the brother of John Harvey Kellogg of breakfast cereals fame. It is now called the Sydney Adventist Hospital, better known as the “San” and is operated by the Seventh Day Adventist Church.