Tennessee Christian Medical Center (Nashville) (Nashville, Tennessee, US)

A 309-bed acute-care and skilled nursing facility in Madison, Tennessee, a suburb of Nashville, operated by the Adventist Health System/Sunbelt Health Care Corporation. The hospital was established in 1908 under the direction of Ellen G. White. Originally called Madison Rural Sanitarium, the 12-bed self-supporting institution was part of the Nashville Agricultural Normal Institute Corporation. The first physician was Dr. Lillian Magan, who was assisted on a part-time basis by Dr. Newton Evans. When Edward A. Sutherland and Percy T. Magan completed training at the University of Tennessee Medical College in 1914, they operated the hospital together until the Magans accepted a call to Loma Linda, California. A training program for nurses was begun under the leadership of Nellie Druillard. By ...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Nashville, TN
United States