Titicaca Adventist Academy / Colegio Adventista de Titicaca (Juliaca, PE)

A coeducational boarding school on the senior high school level, owned and operated by the South Peru Mission and serving its constituency. It is situated on a 617-acre (250-hectare) farm four miles (six kilometers) from Juliaca, Peru. Until 1950 the school offered only the first three years of the secondary course, and it was necessary for the students to revalidate their work in some government school, for the school lacked official recognition. But in that year the complete secondary course was fully accredited as the result of the favorable report given by the minister of public education and other dignitaries who visited the school. In 1993 there were 177 students attending. Fourteen teachers were serving them. The institution was founded in 1922, beginning with a summer school, with ...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Juliaca
Peru