Trans-Africa Division

A former large unit of church organization to which was allotted the territory of Botswana (formerly Bechuanaland), Burundi, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia (formerly South-West Africa), Republic of South Africa, Rwanda, Swaziland, Zaïre (formerly Congo), Zambia, Zimbabwe, and the islands of Ascension, St. Helena, and Tristan da Cunha. Headquarters were located at Princess Drive and Enterprise Road, Highlands, Harare, Zimbabwe. Northern Area: Robins Road, Kabula Hill, Blantyre, Malawi. Official organ: Trans-Africa Division Outlook. The division was organized in 1920 and named the African Division, replacing the South African Union Conference. It then comprised three conferences and 16 missions, with 52 churches and 2,705 members. In 1931 it was renamed the Southern African Division, and in 1964 ...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address