University Press (US)

One of the industrial departments of Andrews University, originally of Emmanuel Missionary College, established in 1901 to provide training facilities for students. For a while, however, it functioned as a publishing house under the name of Advocate Publishing Company (founded 1904), probably deriving this name from the periodical it issued ( The Advocate of Christian Education). It is listed under this name in the 1909 Yearbook. From 1910 to 1923 it is listed as Emmanuel Missionary College Press, and afterward, until its name no longer appeared (ending in 1942), as the College Press. In 1973 the name was changed to University Printers. According to the Yearbook (issues 1920 to 1935), it was administered for a time by the Lake Union Conference committee. The press has been printing the Lak...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
United States