Urugay Adventist Academy / Instituto Adventist a del Urugay (UY)

A coeducational institution of secondary level, situated in the Department of Canelones on National Route No. 5, 20 miles (32 kilometers) from Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay. The institution is owned by the Uruguay Mission, and the board is composed of members whose term is two years. It is supported by a constituency numbering about 6,700. Its 302 students (1993) come chiefly from Seventh-day Adventist homes in Uruguay. The school staff consists of 27 teachers, 15 industrial employees, and eight administrators. A primary school is also connected with the institution. The academy was established in 1943 by Henry Westphal, president of the Uruguay Mission, on property with a plantation of fruit trees and a large house that was used as an administration building and girls’ dormitory du...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs

Address
Uruguay