Clyde Harris

(1890-1968). Businessperson. He was born in Oregon and enjoyed a Christian home, although he did not join the church until 1914. In 1913 he opened a small box factory in Milton, Oregon. By 1916 he had added a sawmill and in 1924 branched out further. In the years of operation, only 1932 saw no profit for the Harris enterprises. The Harris furniture factory became one of the largest producers of unfinished furniture in the nation. In all his business dealings, Harris relied heavily upon the Lord and did his utmost to conduct his affairs in a manner pleasing to God. After prayerful consideration, he and his wife, Mary, were convinced that they should donate their multimillion-dollar holdings to the church, which they did in 1951.

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

Vertical Tabs