General Conference Bible Schools

A series of training schools sponsored by the General Conference between 1889 and 1896, offering winter courses in Battle Creek, Michigan (later in other places), designed for “ministers, licentiates, Bible workers, and elderly persons,” but open to “any laborer, in any department of the cause, and those who desire to become laborers, who cannot take a regular course of study in any of our educational institutions” (General Conference Bible School announcement for 1893–1894). The first session (called the Bible School for Ministers), held for 20 weeks in Battle Creek in 1889–1890, was an outgrowth of a 10-week institute held at Battle Creek College the preceding year. The announcement, outlining a two-year course, lists W. W. Prescott as principal, and the following serving on ...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

0