Home and School Fellowship

(formerly Home and School Association). A society formed in the local church and coordinated through the North American Division Department of Education, with the purpose of fostering good home and school relationships. It was first called the Parent-Teacher Association. In 1922 the work was divided: the section that gave special attention to parent education was called the Home Commission, and the section that fostered good home and school relationships was given the name Home and School Association. The Home Commission was sponsored originally by the Education, Young People’s Missionary Volunteer, Home Missionary, Sabbath School, and Medical departments. In 1941 the work of the Home Commission was integrated with the Department of Education, and the term Home and School Association was...

From the Seventh-day Adventist Encyclopedia. Published with permission from the Review and Herald Publishing Association.

0